- count on from the biggest number when adding two numbers together (e.g. 3+8 as 8, 9, 10, 11).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding 2 digits (e.g. 18+18+18 as 20+20+20=60-6).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding and subtracting 2 digits (e.g. 71-48 as 73-50).
- explore decimal place value (e.g. how many 10ths, 100ths and 1000ths in a whole number).
- Choose your maths goal so far from this term
- Use the Showme app to “show” how you can solve the maths problem
- Can you solve the problem using a different strategy?
- Speak clearly into your ipad - keep your ipad still
- Get a buddy to view it
- Save Showme as: ‘Your Name’ Term 2 Maths Sample
- Get an adult to check it.
- Copy embed code, paste into the HTML section on your blog.
- Copy and paste title, purpose, task
- What is your maths stage?
- Put a target on your stage for this term: 💪
Counting on & back with 10’s as the unit
Early Stage 5
Simple part whole strategies to 100
Simple part whole strategies to 1000
Wide range of part whole strategies